- The Burger: Tassie Angus Burger
- Taste: Thick, juicy patties from quality Aussie beef whipped with own ketchup that’s leagues above the bottled stuff. Prepared on a crusty tomato butter bun, topped with treacle, coffee stout-lacquered bacon, roasted vine tomato, merguez sausage and Swiss cheese. Savory and cheesy, with a kick from the merguez: it’s golden and unlike anything else in town.
Sukhumvit Soi 23, opposite Prasanmitr Plaza, 08-052-7336. Open Mon-Sat 5-9pm, Sat noon-3pm
- The Burger: Quarter Cow Burger
- Taste: Go big with two Angus beef patties and two slices of cheddar cheese on a dark chocolate bun, with a side of mini hash browns and homemade black ketchup. Detractors point to the coarsely-ground and super-rare patty, lack of toppings and intense truffle sauce.
112 Phra Athit Rd., 087-363-2629, 081-406-3773. Open Tue-Sun 4pm-midnight
NY Style Steak and Burger
- The Burger: Manhattan Monster
- Taste: There’s little chance of wrapping your jaw around this hulking mass of bacon, cheddar, pickles, fried egg and onion rings atop a perfectly rounded, 220g ground-beef patty. The lightly seasoned patty, though, is grilled with juicy precision.
28 Sukhumvit Soi 22, 02-262-0920. Open daily 11am-11:30pm
- The Burger: Beef Sliders
- Taste: Chef Chalee Kader’s better known for his French-leaning creations, but certainly knows a thing about beef. Atop a Conkey’s brioche bun, the compact patty made from Himawari beef from Korat province comes with a nice crust on the outside, while still retaining a high degree of juiciness. All it needs is a slice of tomato, some raw and grilled onion and a pungent, house-made thousand island sauce.